Microwave Protein Mug Cake
Oh my goodness, how have I gone all these years without discovering such a delicious, EASY, quick, protein packed recipe!?
Now that I’ve found this lovely creation, you can bet I’ll be making this in all kinds of different flavors! This is so simple, it’s a great way to curb any cravings. And since it’s so quick, there’s no excuse not to make it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 scoop protein powder-preferably casein, vegan or egg blend (I used Body Nutrition Company’s Trutein Red Velvet Cake Protein)
-1 TBSP coconut flour
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 cup egg whites or 1 large egg
-1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. In a small bowl, combine protein powder, coconut flour and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased cereal bowl or deep mug.
5. Microwave for 1-1.5 minutes depending on microwave and desired consistency.
6. Add toppings if desired.
MACROS: (these macros are based on my protein powder and the use of egg whites)