Strawberry Banana Topped Protein Pancakes
When I was younger, my family and I lived in Alaska for 4 years. A couple blocks from our house, there were some strawberry bushes that grew alongside the road. My mom would take all of us kids with her and we would pick giant bowls of strawberries each time. We would go back home and my mom would mash the strawberries, add some sugar and we would pour the mixture over some warm waffles. Throw a dollop of cool whip on top and it was such a treat!
Fast forward 20 years and here I am recreating that same deliciousness with health in mind, so that I can enjoy these on a daily basis and not feel guilty about it. With less sugar, more protein and some added banana….I feel like a kid all over again!!!
If you are a breakfast, fruit, pancake/waffle lover like myself, I dare you to try these out. You won’t be disappointed!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes (macros are based on use of this pancake mix)
• 1/2 cup unsweetened original almond milk
• 1 egg
• 3 large strawberries, sliced
• 1/2 large banana, thinly sliced
• Redi-Whip (not calculated in macros)
1. Mix Kodiak Cake mix, almond milk and egg in a small bowl.
2. Cook 3 small pancakes over medium heat.
3. When pancakes are done, top one pancake with 4 slices of banana and 4 slices of strawberries. Stack another pancake on top and layer more banana and strawberries on top. Stack the last pancake on top and place remaining strawberries and banana on top.
4. Top with Redi-Whip.
• Calories: 352
• Fat: 8g
• Carbohydrates: 49g
• Protein: 21g