Protein Birthday Cake
Eat cake to lose weight??
Now you don’t have to feel guilty when you when you snack on this macro friendly protein birthday cake at any time of day!
This cake is packed with protein & can slip right into your daily flexible dieting/macro tracking/diet/lifestyle. It will also help you feel full longer and make you think you’re getting a real treat while still keeping you on track to reach your goals! And who doesn’t want that!?
This recipe was inspired by my lemon protein cupcake recipe, the ramekins I bought and the birthday cake flavored Trutein protein powder sample I bought and was saving for such a special occasion!
Recipe Yields 2 Cakes
For the Cake:
-1 scoop/packet Trutein Birthday Cake protein powder (or any protein powder flavor)
-1 TBSP coconut flour
-2g (2 packets) stevia
-1 tsp baking powder
-Dash of salt
-1/4 cup unsweetened original almond milk
-1/4 cup egg whites
-2 TBSP water
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Spray 2 ramekins
3. Mix protein, flour, stevia, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix almond milk, egg whites and water.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk.
6. Divide the mixture into the 2 ramekins.
7. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet to catch any overflowing batter.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes (poke with a toothpick to make sure it is no longer wet inside).
9. Let cool before topping with frosting & sprinkles.
For the Frosting:
-1/2 to 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
In a bowl, add small amounts of almond milk to protein powder until you create a thick frosting.
Once your cakes have cooled, top with protein frosting & sprinkles & enjoy!
Don’t have birthday cake protein? Don’t worry! This recipe is interchangeable with any flavor protein you may have!
🎂Try out this recipe & tag @a.fitness.project on Instagram so I can share your creations!
Macros for BOTH cakes with frosting!